October Talks & Networking

• Date: 28 Oct
  • Timings: 18:30 - 21:00
  • Venue: isolutions: Carrer de Trafalgar 6, 2a planta, despacho 28 08010 Barcelona - map

Meetup details#

Hi JavaScripters! We are very excited to run our next meetup in Barcelona :D

Agenda:

• 18:30 - Doors open, mingle and drinks.
  • 18:45 - Lightning talk: Using React hooks to i18n our app by Juanma Orta
  • 19:00 - Talk: How to stay tech-relevant by Alex Lobera
  • 19:30 - Talk: Building (and selling) Gatsby + Wordpress sites by Horacio Herrera
  • 20:00 - 21:00 - Dinner, networking, and drinks

Talks:

Lightning talk: Using React hooks to i18n our app

In the last recent months, the React community is enforcing the use of hooks as a way to reuse and simplify our code. In this Lightning talk we'll see a simple example of how to implement an i18n system for our app using custom React hooks and some out of the box ones.

Talk: How to stay tech-relevant

The React ecosystem is a huge, diverse, and inclusive ecosystem. New and amazing ideas emerge non stop. What are the things that you should start learning right now to stay tech-relevant tomorrow?

In this talk, I will explain the importance of learning principles and not only tools. Principles help developers make better decisions now and in the future. Principles are everywhere and they have longevity. This talk explains some of the most relevant principles for React, such as composition, drawing on real-world examples

Talk: Building (and selling) Gatsby + Wordpress sites

WordPress is an incredible tool for managing content and allowing non-developers to have full control over their websites. Gatsby makes building a high-performance website with an amazing developer experience fast and fun. By combining the two, we get the best of both worlds for our clients and ourselves! In this talk, I will cover the process I'm using to sell projects to my clients, with some tricks to start opening doors for new ones.

JavaScript Barcelona

Prices

Why do we charge a nominal fee?

We charge a nominal fee for community events in order to confirm attendance to ensure we have an accurate RSVP list. Our meetups are always over-subscribed so when people don't show it stops somone else attending.

The payment confirmation email is your ticket. If you can't attend simply let us know and we'll be happy to refund you.

Standard priced ticket

3.6€

Upcoming - All Events#

Dec3 days

Advanced React Training
London, UK
Prices & more details

Dec1 day

Advanced React UIs & Styling With Design Systems
London, UK
Prices & more details

Dec1 day

Advanced React Patterns, FP & Performance
London, UK
Prices & more details

Dec1 day

Testing in React
London, UK
Prices & more details

Dec1 day

Lisbon, Portugal
Prices & more details

Jan1 month

React Part-Time Course
London, UK
Prices & more details

Feb1 week

React Redux Bootcamp
London, UK
Prices & more details

Feb3 days

React Fundamentals
London, UK
Prices & more details

Feb3 days

Advanced React Training
London, UK
Prices & more details

Feb1 day

London, UK
Prices & more details

Feb1 day

Advanced React UIs & Styling With Design Systems
London, UK
Prices & more details

Feb1 day

Testing in React
London, UK
Prices & more details

Mar1 week

React Redux Bootcamp
Berlin, Germany
Prices & more details

Using our site means you consent to our use of cookies. Find out more in our privacy policy.